DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
Responsible for all E-commerce departments, along with book operations. The E-commerce Manager is also responsible for achieving department and organizational objectives via exceptional customer service.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Overseeing all facets of E-commerce business.
- Works with the Donated Goods Retail Manager in planning and developing new E-Commerce business opportunities.
- Supervises and performs packaging and shipping to accurately ship orders.
- Ensures customers receive excellent customer service, including but not limited to, efficient and courteous service. Receives and answers customer questions/issues promptly.
- Analyzes workflow processes to recommend and implement process improvements to ensure rapid and efficient operation.
- Ensures work areas are organized, maintained and cleaned at the end of each day.
- Maintains a positive, team-oriented relationship with management, peers and subordinates; encourages interactions between all departments.
- Contributes to making budget and reducing expenses.
- Provides leadership/guidance to staff, encourages an environment of learning and growth.
- Drives sales, manages finances, ensuring department profit/productivity goals are met.
- Responsible for reporting all sales to accounting.
- Sets goals for on line team to meet period goals.
- Remain competitive in the marketplace and maximize sales.
- Consistently deliver exceptional customer service and resolving all customer issues in a satisfactory and timely fashion.
- Supervises E-commerce staff.
- Improve and manage systems for selling and shipping.
- Develop and maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Recruit, interview, select and retain quality employees.
- Conduct effective employee training, development and succession planning.
- Manage E-commerce inventory management systems.
- Analyze sales and production reports and taking appropriate action as necessary
- Create and implement effective communication between stores and within the book department.
- Ensure all department administrative functions are carried out quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure safety standards are met.
- Create department standards and hold staff accountable.
- Upholds safe work practices in support of a safety culture through awareness and observation; train and educate employees of safety requirements; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Utilizes work practices to ensure security of work area and high-value or potentially sensitive items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate and classify items.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions well.
- Ability to lift and carry between thirty (30) and fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to communicate effectively in person and by telephone to deal with employees and the general public.
- Able to use good judgement when a problem arises with customers, the public and employees.
- Ability to organize and utilize time effectively despite interruptions.
- Ability to adhere to safe work practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR WORK:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 year degree with courses in Business and Marketing, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a management/supervisory capacity or equivalent.
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, assertiveness and self-motivation.
- Preferred knowledge of E-Commerce trends, practices and theories.
- Must be familiar with Outlook, Excel, Word and other MS applications.
This job is primarily sedentary with walking and standing as is necessary to carry out the job duties. Normal lifting and/or carrying is limited to approximately fifteen (15) pounds. On occasion, up to fifty (50) pounds may be lifted or carried. Heavier items (above fifty (50) pounds) are moved by using proper material handling equipment or assistance from another person. Normal or corrected talking, hearing and seeing abilities are sufficient to perform required tasks.