KIND OF WORK:
Teach and train Clients in community job placements, giving direction on the jobs needing to be performed.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
The Job Coach works with Placement Specialist, Goodwill staff, employers and Goodwill workers, to facilitate successful placement of workers to community jobs. Trains workers and performs job tasks directly as needed to satisfy employer needs.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK: (might be optional, depending on job description)
- To accept training from employer to perform community job while analyzing the job to assist the client in performing the job independently.
- To provide one-on-one training to clients in order to assist them to develop and maintain the vocational/social skills necessary to retain their employment.
- To maintain required quality of product and/or service as specified by employer and train client to do so.
- To maintain and use employer facilities, equipment and materials appropriately and train client to do so.
- To learn and use appropriate training techniques and safety habits.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the employer, any on-site employees, and the client.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- To assess and report performance and progress to related staff. This includes regular reporting at scheduled department meetings.
- To attend meetings and training sessions as directed.
- To train other job coaches.
- To provide pre-employment (development) and post-employment (coaching) support services as needed and directed.
- To be effective and professional representing the agency in all activities.
- Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record strongly preferred.
- Able to work varied hours, including shifts, nights, weekends, etc.
- Able to speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Able to analyze jobs for skills required.
- Able to train people with disabilities.
- Able to work with a rehabilitation team.
- Capable of infrequently lifting and carrying up to forty pounds.
- Adequate computer knowledge to perform all job duties.
- To perform other job related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR WORK:
No minimum requirements, High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred. Work experience with persons who are disabled preferred. General successful work experience necessary.
These work environment factors are general in nature: CONSTANT: Sit and near vision. FREQUENT: Bend neck; talk/speak; sit and visual accommodation. OCCASIONAL: Life and carry up to 10 pounds; rotate neck, static neck position; walk; hear within 5 feet and midrange vision.