Lawn Care Supervisor (Duluth, MN)
Supervise and schedule workers engaged in lawn care. Assign tasks to workers and inspect completed work for conformance to standards. Train new workers, spending sufficient time to be able to evaluate ability to properly perform lawn care tasks tasks relative to community placement. Responsible to train workers in proper equipment use and care. Responsible for minor equipment maintenance. Responsible for performing duties of workers supervised. Schedule changes will be necessary to facilitate supervision of contract jobs.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Work experience with persons who have disabilities preferred.
- General successful work experience necessary.
- Specific training in industrial/commercial housekeeping preferred.
- Driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Able to work varied hours, including shifts, nights, weekends, etc.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally.
- Able to analyze jobs for skills required.
- Able to train people with disabilities.
- Able to work with a rehabilitation team.
- Ability to perform medium work.
- Basic computer-use helpful.
- Ability to pass federal back ground check to obtain clearance to federal sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Daily assignment of clients in lawn care department. Maintain adequate client load to meet needs. Advise client Case Manager of client needs or changes.
- Supervision and control of assigned workers. Regularly monitor performance to ensure standards are being met.
- Teach clients work skills, habits and behaviors and instruct in methods and techniques of accomplishing work assignments. Spend sufficient time to be able to evaluate ability to perform janitorial tasks relative to in-house or community placement.
- To accept training to perform community job while analyzing the job to assist the client in performing the job independently.
- To maintain required quality of product and/or service as specified by employer and train client to do so.
- To maintain and use employer facilities, equipment and materials appropriately and train client to do so.
- To learn and use appropriate training techniques and safety habits.
- Be familiar with client rehabilitation plans and participate as appropriate in carrying out the objectives of individual rehab plans.
- Participate in meetings and conferences and serve on committees as assigned. Attend in-service training.
- To assist with project work in-house and at community locations.
- To perform other job related duties as assigned.