Mattress Disassembler (Duluth, MN)
Goodwill of Duluth, MN is looking for a reliable person to join our mattress recycling team!
The Mattress Disassembler is responsible for taking apart mattresses, box springs, and furniture cushions. Within this process he/she will follow the guidelines set for retaining and separating the recyclable materials from the disassembly process. Assistance with unloading mattress and box springs from semi-trailers is also an essential component of this position.
Education: No minimum requirement
Experience: No minimum requirement.
Other: Physically capable for medium duty work - capable of lifting frequently 40 - 70 lbs. Capable of walking and/or standing the major part of the work day.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Capable of walking or standing all of the work day.
- Must be able to change cutting blades in utility knives on a frequent basis during the day.
- As per disassembly process: Remove cover, all cotton, foam, and any other fabric materials.
- Contain the materials from #1 using appropriate carts and separating by fabric type.
- Stack completed mattress springs onto matching size appropriate piles.
- Stack completed box springs onto matching size appropriate piles.
- Meet or exceed production standards - 25 piece average per day (6.25 hr. work schedule) based on a two week period.
- When required, aid in the unloading of mattresses from customer trucks.
- Remove production tags from each mattress completed and hand into the Lead Worker at end of shift.
- Maintain a clean work area - sweep work area as needed throughout the work day and at the end of each day. Bring garbage carts to the dock dumpster as needed throughout the work day.
- Quality control of separated recycled materials:
- Cotton free of all other materials, e.g. no plastic mesh should be on cotton.
- Toppers free of all metals or plastic.
- Foam free of all cotton, metals or plastic.
- Springs free of all fabrics.
- Operate sheer machine for removing metal from wood frames on box springs, when requested.
- Stack box springs onto size appropriate stacks.
- Attend meetings as assigned by Department Manager.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.