Production Manager of Donated Goods (Duluth, MN)
PRODUCTION MANAGER OF DONATED GOODS
KIND OF WORK
This position is responsible for facilitating the proper flow of donations and salvage materials throughout the Goods Department for processing on a daily basis, managing Work Supervisors and providing guidance when necessary for the Production Aide positions. The successful applicant will be responsible for training or assigning a trainer for new Production Aides and staff, as well as helping with quality control in all processing areas. May be required to obtain company certification for operation of fork lifts, and operate on a limited basis when necessary.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURED OF WORK
- Assist the DGR Manager in organizing, planning and implementing change.
- Ensure plant production, schedules and objectives are met by employees.
- Must be able to verbally communicate while coaching and mentoring workers in work processes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Be proactive in addressing Safety issues in the Goods Department and coach employees to develop a Safety mindset.
- Daily, inspect up to 10% of the daily rack pieces processed by Production Aides. Spend time with Aides to help improve goods quality, or assign another Aide to help in the training to improve quality.
- As necessary, meet with POD Leaders and Production Aides when repetitive quality control problems exist and include samples for training purposes.
- Complete annual work performance reviews of POD Leaders.
- Ensure high value items are properly routed from the production floor to Ecommerce.
- Follow through with the cross training as per Production Aides objectives in their annual work performance reviews.
- Control the flow of seasonal goods to ensure all stores receive equal amounts, based on individual store size and needs.
- Ensure processes specific to Target/New goods area are completed and stores designated to receive Target merchandise are receiving equal amounts.
- Be responsible for the flow of raw donation carts, seasonal storage areas, and appropriate salvage processing areas.
- Complete the textile sorter production/quality report as per pay periods to assure that each Production Aide has regular feedback on their production. Assist in retraining those individuals failing to meet the minimum hourly piece count as established at the start of each fiscal year.
- Follow procedures and policies established for safety, security, material flow, and equipment management.
- Assist with work layout and all necessary planning and development tasks related to donation processing and expansion.
- Be familiar with any client work plans and participate in carrying out the objectives of these plans, if necessary.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions, serve on committees as assigned or volunteered.
- To utilize in-service and other forms of training beneficial to upgrading job knowledge and performance.
- Fill in for the Donated Goods Retail Manager when necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned, such as distributing bin boxes to various stores daily, checking logoed items for quality, sending full rack to one of four stores and distributing store load requests.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and complete personnel annual work performance reviews.
- Problem-solving attitude.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR WORK
- High School Diploma
- BA degree preferred in Manufacturing; Plant Operating: Business; or Management
- Minimum 5 years work experience, with supervisory experience
- Fork lift operation experience preferred
- Functional knowledge of MS Office software
These work environment factors are general in nature. CONSTANT: Walk, stand and near vision. FREQUENT: Bend neck; talk/speak; and visual accommodation. OCCASIONAL: Lift and carry up to 50 pounds; rotate neck, static neck position; walk; hear within 5 feet and midrange vision.
Job Type: Full-time