Retail Operations Administrative Assistant
Retail Operations Administrative Associate
This position will provide direct support/assistance to the Donated Goods Retail Manager and the Retail Sales Manager. The Associate will exhibit strong problem solving, communication skills, inter-personal skills and show ability to multi-task. This position must have a keen analytical thought process and be very organized.
This Assistant position will report to and take direction from the Donated Goods Retail Manager and the Retail Sales Manager. It requires flexibility, accountability, confidentiality, and comprehension skills.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Assist above Managers in daily activities of retail sales to include:
- Weekly phone call to stores to gather timely information related to:
- Budgetary Items
- New Goods Return on Investments
- Seasonal Items
- Work with all Store Supervisors to assist them with questions.
- Train stores on how to order through Staples Advantage.
- Work with retail stores and remote computer access, set up of emails, etc.
- Work closely with CW Technology for computer issues in retail stores.
- Review and send resumes and applications to applicable stores.
- Work with Store Supervisors to have staffing hours appropriate.
- Assisting Store Supervisors with filling staff hours due to call-ins or being short staffed.
- Assist Store Supervisors with staff performance and/or disciplinary issues.
- Inform/Track Store Supervisors to complete timely performance reviews.
- Assist Store Supervisors with maintenance concerns.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PPT, and high skills in Outlook/Smart Draw).
- Ability to assist store staff with computer/internet issues.
- Ability to assist store staff with electronic reporting, i.e. time sheets, production tally sheets, store load requests, etc.
- Strong customer service skills, especially over the telephone.
- Ability to make, build and analyze routine reports.
- Ability to learn aspects of routine reports, (store reports, tracking key performance indicators, etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR WORK:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Retail experience, specifically “thrift” retail experience is a plus.
- Skillful in all Microsoft Office applications
These work environment factors are general in nature: CONSTANT: Near vision; walking short distances. FREQUENT: Bend neck; talk/speak; sit and visual accommodation. OCCASIONAL: Lift and carry up to 10 pounds; rotate neck, static neck position; walk; hear within 5 feet and midrange vision.
WAGE: Dependent on qualifications.
Dependent on qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time