Truck Driver (Duluth, MN)
A Truck Driver is responsible, through the utilization of appropriate equipment, personnel and procedures, for the collection of donated goods, the distribution of goods to stores and pick-up from stores, the cleanliness of company vehicles, and any other transportation needs. The Truck Driver is responsible for the supervision and training of client Truck Helpers assigned to him/her.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Commercial license required; CDL A beneficial
- Minimum of two years' responsible driving work history.
- Ability to drive a medium duty vehicle; tractor/trailer combination ability beneficial.
- Ability to plan and execute jobs independently.
- Knowledge necessary for job performance
- Basic truck maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of truck safety, including the ability to recognize hazards.
- Physically capable of "heavy work". Heavy work is defined as capable of lifting up to 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects up to 50 lbs. Unrestricted for walking and/or standing.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Appropriate appearance for dealing with the public.
- Acceptable mandated drug testing results, per D.O.T. regulations.
- Current medical card per D.O.T. regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- To effectively and efficiently execute all transportation requests, including but not limited to, home pick-ups, store deliveries and pickups, trash hauling, scrap and salvage deliveries, and vehicle drop off or pick-up.
- To assign job duties to, and supervise, all Truck Helpers or dock workers within work area. Advise Warehouse Supervisor of any special workforce needs.
- To teach client work skills, habits and behaviors; instruct clients in methods and techniques to effectively accomplish all work assignments. Be familiar with client rehab plans and participate, as appropriate, in carrying out the objectives of individual rehab plans.
- To directly supervise, and assist as needed, in the safe loading and unloading of assigned trucks. Maintain the security and careful handling of all goods. Assist with other material handling in the Warehouse as requested, i.e., loading and unloading of non-store shipments and directing dock clients.
- To appropriately complete all paperwork as assigned: store load inventory forms, timesheets, rehab information, etc.
- To deal respectfully and effectively with donors and the general public, as well as all other staff and clients at all locations.
- To adhere to General Rules for Drivers and Rules for Safeguarding and Security of Donations. Follow all policies and procedures for safety, material and equipment management and housekeeping.
- To accurately complete all DOT requirements, i.e., pre-trip and post-trip inspections and driver log books. Adhere to all related DOT regulations such as maximum driving times, weigh station stops, etc.
- To participate in training programs or experiences that may be helpful in the development of overall job skills or a general understanding of the agency.
- To participate in general staff, departmental or other meetings as may be assigned.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.42 /hour